What is CERO Funding?

The energy suppliers are obliged to reduce carbon emissions by 12.4 million tonnes of carbon dioxide, by promoting the installation of wall and roof insulation measures and connections to district heating systems. Other supporting insulation measures can also be installed alongside these, as long as they meet the minimum required conditions.

Who can benefit?
CERO is available to all households in Britain.

How is it assessed?
You’ll need a deemed score survey to show which measures the property will benefit from.

HHCRO Grant Funding
The HHCRO scheme ("Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation", also known as the "the Affordable Warmth Obligation") offers support to eligible applicants to enable them to reduce the cost of heating their property through the installation of energy efficient measures.

The grant scheme is focused initially on vulnerable and low income households in a bid to reduce UK instances of fuel poverty. Fuel poverty is defined as a houshold that is not able to adequately heat their property at an affordable cost. As a guide fuel poverty is said to occur when more than 10% of a household's income is spent on heating the home to an adequate level. Recent increases in fuel prices has led to a sharp increase of the number of UK home owners in this predicament.

ECO funding is available to cover up to 100% of the cost if you receive any of the benefits below:
  • Pension Credit Guarantee
  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Working or Child Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit

If you receive Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-related Employment Support Allowance one of the following must also apply:
  • You have a child under 16
  • You have a child under 20 in full-time education (not university)
  • You get Child Tax Credit including a disability element
  • You get a Disabled Child Premium
  • You get a Disability Premium
  • You have a Pensioner Premium
  • You have a Work Related Activity or Support Component (with income-related Employment and Support Allowance)

If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit one of the following must also apply:
  • You are 60 years of age or over
  • You have a child under 16
  • You have a child under 20 in full-time education (not university)
  • You have a Severe Disability Element
  • You have a Disabled Worker Element